Behind the statistics are real lives suffering because of one man’s greed to hold onto power, Bobi Wine states in one of his tweets to reveal the profiles of kidnapped supporters.
#WhisperEyeNews #UgandaNews #Uganda
The National Unity Platform (NUP) president Hon Robert Kyagulanyi Ssentamu commonly known as Bobi Wine has embarked on profiling hundreds of his supporters allegedly kidnapped by the famous drone cars of Uganda security services.
Bobi Wine took to his social media platform to kickstart what is likely to be a full-force online campaign showing hundreds of his supporters still at the hands of their captors.
Bobi Wine who challenged Yoweri Kaguta Museveni in the 2021 presidential elections, claimed that his supporters were forcefully kidnapped from various parts of the country something Whisper Eye has reliably proved to be true.
Government is silent about the continued kidnap of opposition supporters, however, on several occasions, the parliament of Uganda has come out to demand the speedy trial of all those arrested.
The newly appointed Justice Minister Hon Norbert Mao has also made it clear that he wants the political detainees released by the government.
Where is he? , that is now trending on Twitter, former Kyadondo East Member of Parliament has so far listed dozens by the time of this article although he claims these are in hundreds.
The profiles show 1. Ddamulira John, 50 years who was abducted by armed security operatives from his shop at Kisekka Market.
According to Mr. Wine, police confirmed that they took him and President Museveni also read his name among those arrested but no one knows his whereabouts.
Ddamulira had 10 children and two wives at the time of his abduction. He was their sole bread winner! The family and our legal teams have moved all prisons looking for him. A court order for his release was issued and ignored.
Bobi Wine goes ahead to name, 2. Semuddu Michael who was picked up from Munaku, Lubya parish, Lubaga Division on the 21st Nov 2020. He was violently taken away by heavily armed men, moving in a drone. Up to now, close to two years, there is no information about his whereabouts.
3. Kanatta Muhammad was also picked up at 3:30 am from Walusubi, Mukono. He was 44 at the time. He was the National Unity Platform Parish leader. They broke into his house and took him away on gun point. To date, no one knows where he is. Left behind 4 wives, 13 children.
Among those kidnapped first when Bobi Wine declared interest to challenge Yoweri Kaguta Museveni for the presidency is 4. Johnbosco Kibalama who was 39 years of age was waylaid and snatched off the streets by gun-wielding men, along Gayaza Road on 3rd June 2019.
To date, no one knows where he is! He was a People Power activist, who was preparing to run for office in Wakiso.
4. Wangolo Shafik was 35 years old at the time of his abduction. He was a taxi driver. On 3rd Dec 2020 he was picked up from Kyebando, Nansana by armed men moving in a drone. All efforts to trace him have been futile. He left 6 children!
5. Mbabazi Moses Kawenja was 31 years of age. He was a boda-boda rider. He was abducted by heavily armed men from Kisekka market on 26th Nov, 2020. Efforts to trace him have been futile. He left behind a sick mother and three children.
6. Nalumonso Vincent was a mechanic, picked up on 1st Dec. 2020 behind Bugolobi market. He was 27 at the time. Initially, they said he was ‘arrested’ for putting on a People Power beret & pinning my campaign posters. His whereabouts still unknown!
7.Musisi Mboowa, who was 32 at the time. He was picked up on Dec 18th in Kisenyi and has never been seen again.
8. George Kasumba was 27. He was running for Councillor under the National Unity platform On 19th Jan 2021 he was abducted at gunpoint in Kyotera. His family says he was beaten so badly during the abduction. Efforts to trace him are still futile. He left 3 children.
On 23rd Nov 2020, 9. Lukwago Martin was abducted from the Bugolobi market. a local Bobi Wine mobiliser. He was found in the market and bundled into a drone. He left three children. He was 32 at the time. To date, his whereabouts are unknown.
1 thought on “Where is He? Bobi Wine launches online tough question to govt, posts profiles of kidnapped supporters”
All opposition should put aside there personal interests and unite together and say no in unison to the current regime. People like to work with opposition that is forcused on solving such kidnaps and other problems. Plz those near Bobi, let’s join with others to create a common front against the junta