THINKING OUT LOUD
LAPENY PE LABAL.
TEN QUESTIONS: A PERSON ASKING QUESTIONS IS NEVER BAD- ACHOLI KING WITH BAD TEETH STORY.
Lapeny pe labal [ a questioner is never a criminal) Acholi say.
One day, an old woman went to a king’s meeting. She rose her hands up and asked ” I have a question, should I ask?” She questioned. The moderator answered ” yes, in Acholi, any person who asks any question is never punished and is good. Bad or good it’s good.
Then she relaxed and asked ” I want to know the king, that man with a bad crooked teeth seated here, is he our king?” The subjects of the king were very upset for abusive scathing questions to their king. But it’s not bad to ask questions. I hope I am safe?
- Should Hon Norbert Mao answer accusers that he is a mole or must he ignore them?
- Should Bobi wine ignore mature and experienced political leaders?
- Is there any chance of regime change with a divided opposition?
- Should the country waste billions of money on elections whose results are kwown?
- Can General Muntu or anyone become a third force?
- Is the war in DP administrative or tribal?
- Should the next President of Uganda be a soldier?
- In case there’s change, what will happen to UPDF being supported by over $ 935 million dollars by USA government and it’s their most trusted weapon against terrorism. How will they react?
- The international community has been hypocritical and backed the regime for 34 years and seems dissapointed in divided opposition, will they come to our rescue in times of need?
- In case we are to defend rigged elections, will a fragmented opposition come together or even frastrate any revolution?